French Buttercream Frosting Birthday Cake
A great birthday cake recipe to try !
* 1 cup unsalted butter
* 1/2 cup shortening
* 2 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon butter flavored extract
* 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
* 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Mix heavy cream and flour in a small bowl. Heat the mixure in the microwave for 45 seconds on high. Set aside to cool.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine butter, shortening, confectioner's sugar, vanilla extract and butter extract.
3. Using and electric mixer, beat on low until combined. Then beat on medium speed for 6-8 minutes.
4. Next add the heavy cream mixture, and beat on medium speed for another 10 minutes. ( Mixture will appear soupy at first, but will become fluffy.) The birthday cake recipe is ready...enjoy it !